What they are, and what you can do with them.
A faction can have one colony per every 3 active members, to a max of five overworld colonies.
- If your main faction territory has no coastline / ocean access, your nation cannot colonise.
- Colonies should also have coastline / ocean access.
- Artificial canals at least 1 chunk wide connecting your claim to the ocean are acceptable.
Islands close to your faction may be claimed without counting as colonies.
- "Close" is defined as "within 45 chunks."
- Artificial islands do not benefit from this rule without staff approval.